Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2013-8-13

QT TANK

Was going to move Golden Melon to big tank bc was eating well and being more aggressive to the companion sighted Coral Albino.  But then way white stringy poop from the Golden Melon.  No evidence of bacterial infx and the sores on the side were successfully eliminated by Baytril and the secondary fungal infx eliminated by salt and Rid Ich.

Stringy poop examined and saw 1 fluke like parasite and the tumbling egg-shaped parasites but not much else.  Specifically did not see capillaria eggs.

I had treated the big tank recently with Levmisole and all those fish are now eating well.  So I am treating the QT tank with Levmisole also.  Perhaps I should add them all back to main tank and treat the bunch again and perhaps I will, bc I need to treat the main tank again as it needs to be repeated q 3 weeks.

Both tanks maintained at pH 6.0 and the bio filters work at that pH.  At pH 4.0 the bio filters are knocked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment